Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg that stimulates and operates Joburg Theatre, Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatre.
Branch: Soweto Theatre
Salary: R20 908.74 per month (basic salary plus applicable benefits)
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee the management in all aspects of the Theatre’s day-to-day public relations activities which includes the effective distribution of marketing material to media houses
- Liaising with media houses about productions at the Theatre
- Ensure that all promotional and branding materials conform to brand standards and guidelines
- Present schedules, spreadsheets and comply with deadlines for PR for production set by the Marketing Manager
- Oversee and manage the placement and distribution of information pertaining to the Theatre productions/events
- Develop public relations plans and campaigns that support the Theatre’s audience development objectives and Hospitality Department including Stages’ restaurant
- Develop and maintain a positive Theatre brand reputation both in-house and externally
- Implement promotions on behalf of the Theatre
- Arrange interviews on print, television and digital media platforms
- Brief Theatre representatives prior to each interview
- Prepare interview questions for media houses to direct questioning towards preferred talking points
- Ensure timeliness of staff to interviews
- Writing and/or coordinating all press releases to be submitted for approval by the Marketing Manager
- Manage Public Relations activities
- Collate all media coverage for reporting in the weekly reports and filing in the close out reports
- Present weekly content plans
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with all relevant external media stakeholders on behalf of JCT
- Ensure all releases of newsletters are shared with Artslink and the JCT group
- Manage and maintain the stakeholder database
- An advanced certificate or Degree (NQF Level 7) with majors in Marketing/PR/Advertising
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a publicity/publicist role
- Practical experience of Publicist and a passion for live Theatre and the arts
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter and detailed CV, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via email to: email@example.com
Enquiries: 011 877 6821 / 6931/ 6859.
Closing date: 30 August 2019
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications must contain at least 2 references. Please ensure that applications are accompanied by certified copies of qualifications as per job requirements. Certified copy of Identity document is a prerequisite. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.
Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
- Gallery MOMO presents: Adolf Tega | Africa Without Borders - 14/08/2019
- Gallery MOMO presents: Raél Jero Salley | War of the Roses - 14/08/2019
- Publicist wanted at Soweto Theatre - 14/08/2019