On Saturday morning’s edition of Saturday’s Role With Reno, host Renos Spanoudes spoke to Christian Radovan about Bruckner University Big Band and their concert at WITS Music.
Bruckner University Big Band
The new Bruckner University Big Band features young enthusiastic jazz students from Linz, Austria, as they pay homage to the glorious big band sounds from the 1930’s, 1940, 1950s and beyond.
Inspired by jazz legends such as Duke Elligton, Ella Fitzgerald and composers like Richard Rogers and Irving Berlin, they enjoy performing the music of this era in freshly-minted arrangements.
Let the magic of the Bruckner University Big Band take you on a toe-tapping musical journey through the beautiful melodies and exciting rhythms of this fabulous music.
Bruckner University Big Band Line Up:
- Christian Radovan, Musical Director
- Vocals – Christina Kerschner
- Trumpets – Lothar Beyschlag, Markus Müller, Marius Auer, Jonathan Banholzer
- Trombones – Benedikt Betzel, Konstantin Kümmelschuh, Theresa Bumberger, Andreas Kapellner (Bassposaune)
- Saxophones – Michael Kneidinger – Alto, Patricia Manuela Krenn – Alto, Klaus Trappl – Tenor, Andreas Holler – Tenor, Victoria Pfeil – Baritone
- Piano – Tzu Min Lee
- Keyboard – Leonard Roth
- Guitar – Aron Hollinger
- Vibraphone – Maximilian Kanzler
- Upright bass – Thatiana Fonseca Gomes
- Drums – Patrick Pillichshammer, Lukas Böhm
- Percussion – Lukas Aignesberger
Listen to Renos’ interview with Christian Radovan here:
Tune in to Saturday’s Role With Reno: O Rolos Tou Savattou Me Ton Reno, Saturday mornings on The New Pan Hellenic Voice – Greek Community Radio 1422MW from 8am to 11am