The marketing intern must have administrative skills in developing and implementing marketing strategies. As a marketing and PR intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and PR manager in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment. The internship is for 12 months. The candidate must be a black male or female, between the age of 18-35 years and not have been employed before. The chosen candidate will receive a monthly stipend of R3 500 per month.
Interested candidates can send their full CV’s with qualifications to email@example.com Only candidates with a diploma or degree in marketing or communications will be considered. Candidates must be residing in the City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan.
• Strong desire to learn along with a professional drive
• Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
• Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the marketing team
• Assist in the creation of signage, mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
• Seek and analyse competitor marketing material and digital content
• Create and maintain tracking reports of digital and traditional marketing efforts
• Develop new social media campaigns, considering current and planned promotional activities.
• Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns
• Assist in planning and staffing of trade shows
• Provide administrative support to management when required
• Assist in planning and hosting marketing events
• Execution of all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking) on a daily basis;
• Write articles for the Sibikwa blog
• Track and monitor the effectiveness and success of online initiatives and provide weekly written reports for management.
• Liaise with Sibikwa project managers regularly.
• Disseminate information to promote the Sibikwa programmes.
• Assist in audience development for Sibikwa.
• Ensure that branding is always available for projects (Banners, Flier, Posters, etc.)
Closing date for applications is 26 February 2019