Assistant Producer: Reporting to Producer
(REF:2017/01/03)Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist Producer in managing administrative, logistical and contractual obligations in relation to all productions and events in all Venues
- Ensure adherence to contracts and deliverables for individual productions
- Ensure compliance with the PFMA and supply chain management regarding expenditure
- Apply for performance licence, negotiate a non-returnable advance author’s royalty and to ensure the contract between the author and the theatre equitable
- Oversee the drawing up of contracts for authors, directors, designers, actors
- Coordinate all departments and stakeholders (technical, marketing and publicity) through the process of mounting a play and managing the process
- Attend production meetings and monitor the technical progress of production
- Oversee the smooth running of rehearsals and to ensure the needs and problems of directors are dealt with and resolved promptly
- Ensure that the set, costumes, sound effects and music designs meets the director’s requirements
- Provide statistics on each production and regular reporting on attendance expenditure vs budget.
Key Competence Requirements:
- Degree in Dramatic Arts and minimum 3 years’ experience in creative /cultural and visual art projects
- Sound Management experience
- Sound negotiation skills
- Diversity management experience
- Understand corporate governance
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via fax: 011 834 4311 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries may be directed to Perpetua Mathsa at 011 832 1641.
Please indicate the reference number of the post: (REF:2017/01/03).
Reference, ITC and criminal checks will be conducted.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS 3 March 2017