The Playhouse Company, situated in Durban, is looking to fill the position of a Business Development Manager. Heading up the Marketing Department, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following;
- Develop and execute appropriate marketing plans for the business
- Develop and implement a Fund-Raising Strategy and plan to ensure that all fund-raising targets are achieved
- Devise and implement an Audience Development Strategy in line with the Company’s objectives
- Maximizing work relationships with all stakeholders
- Seek out new opportunities and initiate action plans to advance fund-raising opportunities for the Company in line with the objectives set
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reporting to Management and Committees on activities and outcomes of all Marketing-related activities.
- Minimum of a tertiary qualification (Diploma, Degree) in Sales and Marketing
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Fund Raising
- Proven experience in developing and implementing Marketing and Sales strategies based on the market environment
- 5 years’ proven experience in a marketing management position, focusing on Fund Raising and Audience Development as Key Performance indicators
- Experience in a performing arts environment will be a distinct advantage
- Excellent negotiations skills
- Advanced computer program skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
The Company is offering a competitive remuneration package inclusive of commission to the successful applicant who meets the above requirements. Please send your detailed CV to Phumzile Mkhize, HRassistant@playhousecompany.com no later than Friday, 09 March 2018.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In the event that you are not contacted within three weeks of your application having been submitted, you can assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”