Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
The Playhouse Company invites performing theatre companies/individuals to submit proposals for the Community Arts Festival (CAF) in October.
Do you have a fabulous stage production but no venue to present it in? Are you looking for a potential partner to assist with the financial costs of staging a drama, musical or dance production? Then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
The Playhouse Company, one of South Africa’s premier professional theatre institutions, would like to invite performing theatre companies/individuals to submit proposals for the Community Arts Festival which will take place at The Playhouse from 4 to 19 October 2019.
How to apply:
Interested candidates need to e-mail: email@example.com a comprehensive motivation which includes the following:
- Detailed proposal about the production to be staged.
- Information regarding the production company including history and experience.
- A letter of reference from a credible source.
- There are no restrictions on the genre of productions which will be considered.
- Support material about the company’s previous work would be an advantage.
The following criteria must be met in order for the productions to be considered.
- Submit a list of the creative team which includes: cast members, technical team and the rest of the creative team.
- The production must be stage ready.
- Maximum 1hour duration.
- No live bands are permitted.
All selected companies/applicants will be invited to showcase their productions at The Playhouse. The deadline for submissions is: 31 May 2019. Late submissions will not be considered.
For media enquiries e-mail Sindi Sabelo, The Playhouse Company’s Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her on 031 369 9405.