The National School of the Arts is seeking to employ an Artistic Director for the school from 1 April 2018.
The Artistic Director oversees all programming, administrative, marketing, production, and financial functions of the Marketing and Development Unit of the NSA. Reporting to the Principal the Artistic Director must have excellent writing skills, the ability to work independently, and strong organizational capacity. Some experience with budget creation and management (Pastel Accounting), planning, budgeting/financial tracking, contract management, accounting, and schedule tracking. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and artistic individual with an enthusiastic attraction to the very diverse NSA community. More importantly, the candidate must demonstrate a strong interest in marketing the NSA to its community in ways that will increase its recognition as the leading School of Specialisation in the country. This person will bring a combination of communications, business management and marketing skills along with an excitement for the performing arts and for the benefits that the arts bring to the community. This is an exciting opportunity to set the artistic vision for an educational youth theatre programme in a vibrant educational sphere.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Artistic Director is the key leader and primary face of the Marketing and Development Unit. The primary role of the Artistic Director is to:
- Curate, manage and execute the programming vision of the NSA.
- Represent and advocate for the NSA in an effort to continually enhance its image, visibility, and influence across the community. This includes taking an active role soliciting corporate donations, sponsorships, and individual donations.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Unit.
- Meet or exceed earned revenue goals.
- A Post-Graduate Degree in Theatre Arts or related field.
- A minimum of four years of experience working in the Performing Arts arena.
- Experience teaching and/or working with young people. Must enjoy working with youth!
- Experience in a wide variety of art forms.
- Working knowledge of technical theatre, including sound, lights, and set construction.
- Working knowledge of other production aspects such as costumes, props, and stage makeup.
- Basic knowledge of areas such as stage management, front-of-house, and box office operations.
- Experience in musical theatre production.
- At least two years of arts administration experience.
- Marketing/PR experience such as writing press releases, social media, graphic design, etc.
- Donor writing experience.
- Full time
- Flexible daytime hours
- Evenings and weekends required
A detailed CV with three references can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 30 November 2017.