Joburg City Theatres requires an Assistant Banqueting Manager to report directly to the company’s Banqueting Manager. [REF: [ABM/CH/17]
The Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg that stimulates and operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatre in order to provide the integrated management of world class African theatre venues and a high-quality entertaining, innovative and inclusive programme which serves the diverse communities of the City of Joburg in support of Joburg 2040.
An Assistant Banqueting Manager position is available for an achievement-orientated individual with initiative and a commitment to give substance to this vision.
Purpose of the position: This position is responsible for the daily management of the department’s banqueting and function facilities at Joburg Theatre.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Performing daily sales and marketing of Joburg City Theatres’ venues,
- Conducting all client site visits and ensuring that all event requirements are met to the client’s satisfaction.
- Proper maintenance of all banqueting equipment and operating equipment
- To render and maintain an effective and efficient procurement function that will ensure value for money when acquiring assets, goods and services.
- Roster the Banqueting Department staff for work
- Organising the site meetings with the clients to discuss their event
- Processing of Quotation / Tax Invoice for the event and. Ensure that All PO Numbers or payments are received before the event date
- Supervise the Banqueting Administrator & General Assistants working in the banqueting department
- Preparing weekly Banqueting schedule & e-mail it out to all HOD at the complex every Friday for the following week
- Obtaining of Quotations from Suppliers for Hiring, Flowers, and Full Deco for the events
- Ensuring that the Banqueting Department’s Beverage Store room is stocked up at all times & order stock from the Warehouse if needed
- Periodic Stock Count – Beverage & Operation Equipment’s for the Department
- Request additional Staff from the Bar Manager (or other Units) to assist with Banqueting Events
- To ensure that entertainment/ parking / sound equipment have been booked if requested by the client
- To check the function rooms for cleanliness / set up / buffet table / deco / before guests arrive
- To greet the host and circulate during the course of the function to ensure availability in the event of a problem or complaints
- Responsible for all Internal Functions
- To ensure that a payroll report is submitted to the Banqueting Manager on a weekly basis VS revenue and that payroll does not exceed budgeted labour cost
- To ensure that the agreed budgeted targets (cost of sales are kept inline) are achieved or bettered
- To compile a marketing plan for the outlet and submit to banqueting manager
- To prepare and submit on the required format all information necessary for budgeting purposes, timeously and accurately
- To submit all cost functions breakdown to the banqueting manager
- To ensure that all quotes & final tax invoices are sent to client and financial controller timeously so avoid and bill discrepancies
- Ensure that the Client’s Files are kept up to date with all the necessary information as well as Proof of Payments
- Ensure that the ordering from the Warehouse process is followed at all times
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Hospitality management
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an events coordinator or banqueting supervisor within a busy banqueting department
- Experience with restaurant point of sale systems
- Pastel experience, raising invoices
- Computer literacy is essential;
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with public,
- Have good verbal and written communication skills,
- Resolve conflict
- Willingness to work unsociable flexible hours – day / evening events, weekends, holidays
The position is available immediately. A market related package will be negotiated.
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter and detailed CV to:
Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres
email@example.com (please quote the reference number)
Enquiries: 011 877 6821
CLOSING DATE: 17 MAY 2017
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Applications must contain at least 2 referees. Please ensure that applications are accompanied by certified copies of qualifications as per job requirements. Certified copy of Identity document is a prerequisite.
If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.