Vacancy: Job Title: Deputy Artistic Director | Reporting to: Artistic Director | Salary: Market related | Period: Five years fixed term Contract.
Job Title: Deputy Artistic Director
Reporting to: Artistic Director
Salary: Market related
Period: Five years fixed term Contract
Key performance Areas:
– To take a creative and administrative leadership role within the organization
– To deputize for the Artistic Director on committees/meetings/forums both internally and externally.
– To direct a show a year
– To be the first point of call for departments which will include:
o Head of Education, Youth and children’s Theatre
o New writing: In developing new work and artists
o Casting: In casting for shows for theatre
– Work closely with Education and Youth Theatre in devising of education and Children’s programmes to support main programme and to ensure the integration of education programme to the overall artistic programme.
– To coordinate and play a leading role within SAST digitization of content including scheduling of filming, monitoring of editing and delivery of the final project
– Work with Indie Spotlight to co-ordinate dramaturgy and to facilitate the relationship between directors and dramaturges.
– To work closely with the producer
– To work closely with business development manager
– To work closely with sales manager
– To advocate for South African State Theatre
– To build local and continental collaborations
– To manage given budgets for allocated projects.
– To co-ordinate the Jazz and African Music nights, Tshwane comedy night and Mahofi Precinct programme
Preferred Minimum Education
– Completed Degree in Performing Arts or Related qualification
– Minimum 7 years’ experience in performing Arts
– Minimum 5 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills and critical competencies
– Knowledge of performing arts
– Planning and organising
– Excellent communication
– Team player
– Interpersonal skills
– Attention to details and ability to resolve queries timely
Interested candidates should indicate the position they are applying for.
Hand deliver or e-mail certified copies of qualifications and a CV with 3 contactable references to Ashley Mahlo or Millicent Mopayi, Human Resources. Closing Date: 05 August 2016.
Hand Deliver: Human Resource Office
The South African State Theatre
320 Pretorius Street Pretoria
Visit our website www.statetheatre.co.za
Please note that the company will only consider applications which meet the criteria and preference will be given to people with disabilities or persons from disadvantaged groups. Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.