Jazzart Dance Theatre in Cape Town seeks to employ a highly organized and enthusiastic candidate to provide office and financial administration
Employment Opportunity: Office and Finance Administrator
Jazzart Dance Theatre seeks to employ a highly organized and enthusiastic candidate to provide office and financial administration to support the effective and efficient running of the business operations and finance. The ideal candidate should have exceptional all-round administration and communication skills with previous experience in a similar administrative role, ideally within a finance department.
- Reports to Operations Manager
- Office Administration:
- Manage a quiet switchboard and reception area
- Provide administrative support to the artistic and operations team.
- Facilitate the resolution of cleaning, maintenance, security and IT issues with providers
- Coordinate the driver’s schedule
- Maintain an effective filing system
- Finance Administration:
- Responsible for managing petty cash
- Responsible for Accounts Payable – ensure that requisitions and invoices are prepared for payment processing by due date
- Responsible for Account Receivable – ensure that quotes and invoices are prepared and collected timeously
- Preparation of project budgets and financial reports
- Asset Management – ensure that assets are registered, insured and accounted for at all times
- Ensure that audit requirements are met and financial policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Candidate should be a highly-organised individual who has the ability to work to deadlines and the flexibility to adapt to a range of tasks.
- He/she should be articulate, self-motivated and a team player who is happy to get involved with a proactive approach.
- Candidate should be competent in using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A qualification, and at least two years’ experience, in bookkeeping is essential
- Working knowledge of Pastel Accounting would be beneficial.
Applications to be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 10 February 2017.