Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
The appointed candidates will be responsible for the smooth management of Joburg Zoo a la carte and Express restaurants.
The Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg that stimulates and operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatre in order provide the integrated management of world class African theatre venues and a high quality entertaining, innovative and inclusive program which serves the diverse communities of the City of Joburg in support of Joburg 2040.
JUNIOR SOUS CHEF X 2 [REF.NO JSC/17]
This position is responsible for the smooth management of Joburg Zoo a la carte & Express restaurants
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following kitchens:-
- Express Restaurants
- A la carte restaurants
- Banqueting & outdoor events
The key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Maintain a high level of service in all outlets
- Responsible for food cost of sales
- Maintain a high level of health & safety in all kitchens
The following experience is essential:
- At least 4-5 years as a CDP manage or Junior Sous Chef ng both a la carte & banqueting kitchens.
- Experience in managing large events in excess of 5000 pax
- Experience in the management of large kitchen teams
- Culinary Art Diploma will be an added advantage
The following skills & knowledge is essential:
- People management and ability to train and develop Jnr chefs
- Excellent cost and stock control skills
- Exceptional knowledge of the current labour law rules & regulations
- Exceptional knowledge of Health & Hygiene standards within kitchen environments
- Extensive knowledge in current food trends
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to perform under stress
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with tact and diplomacy
- High level of work ethic and integrity
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter and detailed CV to:
Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres
firstname.lastname@example.org (please quote the reference number)
Enquiries: 011 877 6821
CLOSING DATE: 9 MAY 2017
Joburg City Theatres follows employment equity principles. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Applications must contain at least 2 referees. Please ensure that applications are accompanied by certified copies of qualifications as per job requirements. Certified copy of Identity document is a prerequisite.
If you have not heard from Joburg City Theatres within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.