Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
The Performing Arts Centre of the Free State (PACOFS) has a vacancy for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
5year Fixed-Term Contract
Ref #: CEO 2016
The Performing Arts Centre of the Free State (PACOFS) is an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture (DAC), established in terms of the Cultural Institutions Act (119 of 1998).
The CEO will be responsible for strategic leadership, artistic direction and overall management PACOFS. Responsibilities include:
- Strategic leadership
- Creating an Artistic Vision
- Governance and Operations management
- People management and planning
- Requirements: Post graduate university degree or equivalent in the field of the performing arts and/or arts administration; 5 to 6 years senior and/or executive management experience; Evidence of successful track record in delivering an artistic programme which caters for multi-cultural audiences – Knowledge of the Cultural Institutions Act (119 of 1998) will be regarded as an advantage.Successful candidates must have the following competencies: Strategic management, artistic programming, Business planning and design, understanding of public sector planning and reporting, a demonstrable understanding of Financial Management, Communication skills, Analytical skills, Good interpersonal skills. Traveling at times and working extra hours is an essential requirement for the position.
- The successful applicant’s remuneration is a TCTC package
- The appointee will be required to sign a five year fixed-term employment contract and a performance agreement
- Interested applicants are required to forward a comprehensive CV together with a one-page motivational letter
- Applications should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 28 OCTOBER 2016.
- It is the responsibility of candidates with foreign qualifications to have them verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- The Council of PACOFS reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- PACOFS subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and reserves the right not to make an appointmen
The detailed job description and employment application form are available on the PACOFS website (www.pacofs.co.za). Click on documentation to access the employment application for.
If you have not been contacted within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Enquiries should be directed to Mr Fezile Wetes on 082 753 9193.