Latest posts by South African State Theatre (see all)
- King Cetshwayo musical comes to State Theatre - 10/09/2019
- SAST says NO to xenophobia and GBV - 09/09/2019
- VACANCY: Assistant Front Of House Manager at the SA State Theatre - 05/09/2019
The SA State Theatre is looking for an assistant front of house manager and two technical stage managers.
Job Title: Technical Stage Manager X2
Reporting to: Production Manager
Salary: Market related
Period: Five years fixed term contract
Key performance Areas:
- To assist the Senior Technical Stage Manager with the organising and coordinating all aspects of the theatrical production to ensure the smooth execution of each performance by:
- Setting up and striking of sets, décor and props during get-ins, rehearsals, performance and strikes.
- Assist the stage manager during production.
- Act as duty stage manager when required for both in-house and visiting productions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of scenic elements on productions.
- Supervises casual stage staff as and when required during productions.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean and safe.
- Ensure that all equipment is safely stored at all times to prevent theft, damage and unauthorised usages.
- Ensure the maintenance of all equipment and that the inventory is kept up to date.
Preferred Minimum Education:
- Matric / National Diploma in Stage Management
- 6 Months relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and critical competencies:
- Organising Skills
- Interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should indicate the position they are applying for.
Hand deliver or e-mail certified copies of qualifications and a CV with 3 contactable references to Matevhutevhu Sikidi Human Resources. Closing Date: 18 September 2019.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities.
Hand Deliver: Human Resource Office
The South African State Theatre
320 Pretorius Street Pretoria
Visit our website www.statetheatre.co.za
Please note that the company will only consider applications which meet the criteria and preference will be given to people with disabilities or persons from a disadvantaged group. Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.